Thursday, March 17, 2011

Google Chrome Session Manager Extension Move

If you are using this helpful extension I want to share how to move your current saved sessions to another computer. The sessions are stored in "Local Storage" which is simply SQLite local file. The default location under Vista/Windows 7 is here:
C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\chrome-extension_bbcnbpafconjjigibnhbfmmgdbbkcjfi_0.localstorage
So you need to close Google Chrome and then replace this file in the same directory on the other computer.

Update: Here is how you can find the actual path of the local storage file: Hit the right mouse button over the extension icon and choose Manage. Then you can see the actual ID of the extension which corresponds to the name of the file:
Here is the local file at C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\:

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, thanks for this. I was trying to figure that out. I was grepping my whole hard drive for the name of my saved session.

Dave Satan QC said...

Thank you sir, you've saved me a bit of digging.

Prabhakar SVRK said...

Thank you very much for sharing that wonderful information. I have been looking for it for ages and every time I save the entire User Data folder to migrate to new computer.

Mr.Student said...

Thanka man ...real good help. thanks again !

Anonymous said...

I can see the path you've specified on my old Vista machine; but on my new Windows 7 machine, this path does not exist after installing your plug-in. Has the path changed?

lizzarde said...

I've updated the post so you can find the actual path of the local sotrage file.

Unknown said...

hello, on my chrome extensions page, the ID is not shown. is that no longer available? thx!

lizzarde said...

@Unknown - In order to see extension ID you must set Developer mode checkbox on top of the Extension section in Chrome

Anonymous said...

You can click on the Session Manager Icon, then at the top simply click on "export", save it as a txt file, then move to other computer, and click "import" on the Session Manager drop down - viola!

msinfo said...

Excellent information. Where is the equivalent location for session manager data on Mac OS X?